Black Restaurant Week presents NOSH Culinary Showcase
ATLANTA – During their 2022 “More Than Just a Week” campaign and to continue their mission in celebrating Black-owned food businesses, Black Restaurant Week is presenting NOSH Culinary Showcase at State Farm Arena on Friday, August 12 beginning at 6 p.m. and lasting until 10 p.m.
“We’re very excited to host Black Restaurant Week here at State Farm Arena this year,” said Joe Schafer, Senior Executive Chef for Levy at State Farm Arena. “There are a lot of Black-owned restaurants, caterers, food trucks and other hospitality businesses in Atlanta that simply don’t get the recognition they deserve, and this is a chance to put a spotlight on them. This should be a night of amazing food, drinks and fun as all of these great chefs get to demonstrate their passion under one roof!”
Black Restaurant Week’s third culinary showcase in Atlanta provides awareness to diverse culinary talents and the potential to help secure future business opportunities. NOSH will transport guests’ tastebuds to the African diaspora, as they experience hundreds of dishes boasting African, African-American and Caribbean flavors.
“It’s the communal table effect.” says Warren Luckett, co-founder of BRW. “We want to bring everyone together through the love of food. African-Americans make up less than 10% of restaurant owners and managers in the U.S. Our mission is to provide a platform that calls for inclusion in the industry and exposes and elevates Black-owned businesses. We appreciate State Farm Arena for taking bolder attempts in presenting cultural events to their community.”
Atlanta’s premiere Black chefs and caterers will exhibit multiple tasting stations and live chef demonstrations in a festive environment filled with entertainment, music and cocktails.
“We are excited to collaborate with Black Restaurant Week to both uplift and celebrate Black-owned restaurants and culinary artists in Atlanta,” said Camye Mackey, EVP and Chief People, Diversity and Inclusion Officer for the Hawks and State Farm Arena. “We are passionate about celebrating the communities who support us, and we believe that this one-night event at State Farm Arena will be a truly enjoyable experience with delicious food.”
Tickets can be secured for the showcase by visiting blackrestaurantweeks.com.
# # #
About Black Restaurant Week:
Black Restaurant Week LLC is an annual, multi-city culinary movement celebrating the flavors of African, African-American and Caribbean cuisine nationwide. Black Restaurant Week partners with Black-owned restaurants, chefs, caterers, and food trucks to host a selection of culinary experiences aimed to expand awareness and increase support for black culinary professionals. The organization was founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs Warren Luckett, Falayn Ferrell and Derek Robinson. Connect with Black Restaurant Week on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
VIP Ticket Holders Entrance Time - 6PM
Nosh & VIP Cocktail Lounge Combo ticket holders get early entrance to the event at 6PM.
Plan Your Visit
From how to get here, to finding your seat, to getting something to eat and drink, click here to plan your visit to State Farm Arena.
Parking + Transportation
Parking can be reserved in advance with ParkMobile.
State Farm Arena is located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, near the intersection of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive.
Our address is 1 State Farm Drive, Atlanta, GA 30303.
Whether you're driving yourself, catching MARTA, or hopping in an Uber or Lyft, there are plenty of convenient ways to get to State Farm Arena.
For driving directions and to see all transportation and driving options, click here.
State Farm Arena is required to prohibit all bags, including briefcases, purses, luggage, and diaper bags, larger than 14" x 14" x 6" from being brought into the arena. Backpacks and hard-sided bags of any kind are also prohibited. Single-compartment drawstring bags and fashion backpacks or purses that are smaller than 14" x 14" x 6" are permitted.
State Farm Arena is a cashless environment. Card payment will be required at all ticket, food & beverage, and retail locations. No cash payments will be accepted.
Contactless Entry, Screening & Transactions
- Anyone with symptoms should stay home.
- Mobile tickets will be used for entry into State Farm Arena. How to Manage Mobile Tickets
- State Farm Arena will be a cashless environment. Card payment will be required at all ticket, food & beverage, and retail locations. We suggest contactless payments such as tap to pay, contactless Chase cards.
- X-ray scanners have been staged at all entrances to reduce touchpoints for bag checks. Bags must meet the 14” x 14” x 6” size requirement.
- Parking can be reserved in advance with ParkMobile.
- For guests coming to a Hawks game, click here to learn more.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena maintain that the health and safety of our fans, players, partners, and staff is our top priority. We will continue to work closely with local and state health officials, infectious disease specialists, and the NBA for best practices to avoid the spread of COVID-19. To learn more about our protocols, click here.
*Information on this page is subject to change in accordance with the CDC and local health officials.
State Farm Arena does not permit the following items into the arena:
- Weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, etc.)
- Aerosol cans
- Backpacks (with the exception of single-compartment drawstring bags that meet the NBA bag-size requirements and media backpacks that have been screened at the media entrance). Purses (including fashion backpack purses) and diaper bags that have the appearance of backpacks will be allowed, provided that they meet the 14" x 14" x 6" size requirement.
- Hard-sided bags
- Outside food or beverages
- Whistles, air horns, electric noise makers or vuvuzelas
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Beach balls, frisbees, bats, clubs, or any projectile
- Laser light pointers
- Optical illusions (items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance, such as pin wheels or umbrellas)
- Cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses, or fixed lenses larger than 3 inches are prohibited at State Farm Arena
- Poles, selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods and missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s)
Bags that exceed the 14" x 14" x 6" size requirement can be checked outside the arena for a ($5) cash fee.
State Farm Arena Management reserves the right to prohibit other items as deemed necessary.
Omni Hotel Guests
Staying at the Omni Hotel?
To access the Omni Hotel’s North and South towers, exit through Gate 7 and walk west on Andrew Young International Blvd NW towards Marietta St NW. The Omni Hotel will be on your left.