Holiday Hoopsgiving 2021
THE VII GROUP ANNOUNCES HOLIDAY HOOPSGIVING 2021 TO INCLUDE TOP COLLEGIATE PROGRAMS AT ATLANTA’S STATE FARM ARENA
Session 1 begins at 11:30 AM
- Auburn vs Nebraska | 11:30 AM
- Clemson vs Drake | 2:00 PM
BUY TICKETS TO SESSION 1
Session 2 begins at 6:00 PM
- GA Tech vs LSU | 6:00 PM
- WKU vs Ole Miss | 8:30 PM
BUY TICKETS TO SESSION 2
ATLANTA – Holiday Hoopsgiving announces its 2021 event will include four college neutral-court games at the award-winning State Farm Arena in Atlanta on Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021. Some of the nation's top collegiate basketball programs are scheduled to participate.
Holiday Hoopsgiving launched its inaugural college exhibition in 2020 with five games, including team matchups Kentucky vs. Georgia Tech, Clemson vs. Alabama, Mississippi State vs. Dayton, and Auburn vs. Memphis. The event had historically showcased many of the top high school basketball programs in the country for the past six years and has been listed as one of the top five Thanksgiving basketball showcases in the country by USA Today. Past featured players consist of top-tiered talent and the who’s who of high school basketball in the country from the likes of Wendell Carter Jr, Collin Sexton and RJ Barrett.
“Our goal is to highlight the top basketball talent in the country on both the high school and college levels to show the future of basketball. We are elated to be able to bring this experience back to Atlanta this year with fans,” says Christopher Williams, CEO/Founder of The VII Group, the creator of the Holiday Hoopsgiving event.
There will be a quadruple-header including Auburn vs Nebraska, LSU vs. Georgia Tech, Ole Miss vs. Western Kentucky, and Clemson vs. Drake, taking place between morning and evening sessions at State Farm Arena, home of the Atlanta Hawks.
“We’re excited to have another opportunity this year to bring Georgia Tech’s basketball team to play in State Farm Arena and help support the efforts of Holiday Hoopsgiving. We’re looking forward to taking on LSU. They’ve been a strong program for many years and will be a great addition to our non-conference schedule,” said Georgia Tech Head Coach Josh Pastner.
Three of the participating teams are in the top pre-season rankings of the year (Auburn, Georgia Tech, LSU). Auburn, Georgia Tech, and LSU also bring a strong presence with top-tier star-studded recruiting classes for 2021.
“We are thrilled to bring our team to Atlanta for Holiday Hoopsgiving. This will be a great day of high-level basketball for teams across the nation and gives us another opportunity to showcase our program. LSU is eager to be a part of this first-class event that the VII Group is putting on and we can’t wait to have Tiger fans in the building cheering us on against Georgia Tech. Geaux Tigers,” Will Wade Head Coach of LSU said.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, August 11 at 8 p.m. ET. Tickets for the first session featuring games between Clemson and Drake and Auburn and Nebraska can be purchased at Ticketmaster. Tickets for the second session featuring games between Ole Miss and Western Kentucky and Georgia Tech and LSU can be purchased at Ticketmaster.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena maintain that the health and safety of our fans, players, partners, and staff is our top priority. We will continue to work closely with local and state health officials, infectious disease specialists, and the NBA for best practices to avoid the spread of COVID-19. To learn more about our protocols, click here.
*Information on this page is subject to change in accordance with the CDC and local health officials.
Contactless Entry, Screening & Transactions
- Anyone with symptoms should stay home.
- Mobile tickets will be used for entry into State Farm Arena. How to Manage Mobile Tickets
- State Farm Arena will be a cashless environment. Card payment will be required at all ticket, food & beverage, and retail locations. We suggest contactless payments such as tap to pay, contactless Chase cards.
- X-ray scanners have been staged at all entrances to reduce touchpoints for bag checks. Bags must meet the 14” x 14” x 6” size requirement.
- Parking can be reserved in advance with ParkMobile.
- For guests coming to a Hawks game, click here to learn more.
Plan Your Visit
From how to get here, to finding your seat, to getting something to eat and drink, click here to plan your visit to State Farm Arena.
State Farm Arena is a cashless environment. Card payment will be required at all ticket, food & beverage, and retail locations. No cash payments will be accepted.
Parking + Transportation
Parking can be reserved in advance with ParkMobile.
State Farm Arena is located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, near the intersection of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive.
Our address is 1 State Farm Drive, Atlanta, GA 30303.
Whether you're driving yourself, catching MARTA, or hopping in an Uber or Lyft, there are plenty of convenient ways to get to State Farm Arena.
For driving directions and to see all transportation and driving options, click here.
State Farm Arena is required to prohibit all bags, including briefcases, purses, luggage, and diaper bags, larger than 14" x 14" x 6" from being brought into the arena. Backpacks and hard-sided bags of any kind are also prohibited. Single-compartment drawstring bags and fashion backpacks or purses that are smaller than 14" x 14" x 6" are permitted.
State Farm Arena does not permit the following items into the arena:
- Weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, etc.)
- Aerosol cans
- Backpacks (with the exception of single-compartment drawstring bags that meet the NBA bag-size requirements and media backpacks that have been screened at the media entrance). Purses (including fashion backpack purses) and diaper bags that have the appearance of backpacks will be allowed, provided that they meet the 14" x 14" x 6" size requirement.
- Hard-sided bags
- Outside food or beverages
- Whistles, air horns, electric noise makers or vuvuzelas
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Beach balls, frisbees, bats, clubs, or any projectile
- Laser light pointers
- Optical illusions (items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance, such as pin wheels or umbrellas)
- Cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses, or fixed lenses larger than 3 inches are prohibited at State Farm Arena
- Poles, selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods and missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s)
Bags that exceed the 14" x 14" x 6" size requirement can be checked outside the arena for a ($5) cash fee.
State Farm Arena Management reserves the right to prohibit other items as deemed necessary.